Sunday, January 15, 2012

All Scholastic All the Time


Tis the season, Scholastic season. Everyone has done a remarkable job of getting in forms and fees. January 17th is the deadline. The work will be juried on Saturday the 21st and Sunday the 22nd. Everyone will know what's up on Monday the 23rd.

If your work is selected as a Gold Key, you will need to mat your work, canvases will need eye screws and wire and the forms will need to be attached to the back of the work. It's a lot to do in one week and guess what? It will be finals week, hurray! I will not be able to do this without you. When the time comes I'll let you know and we will make plans to prep your work.

If you volunteered for any of the Scholastic events PLEASE don't forget and be there on time. Your help is critical to the success of the program. We can't do it without you.

I'll need some help after school on Wednesday, Jan 19th. We need to put stamps on the invitations to the Scholastic ceremony.

If you have not already done so you really should visit the National Art Write Now Touring Scholastic show at PNCA. It's pretty great. Picture above, Eva and I with her work and Arthur DeBow from OCAC.

That's it for now!

5 comments:

  1. I am always sort of shocked at how fast scholastic gets back to people after the deadline for submission--in a week, basically. Quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited about scholastic this year that I've already started planning some idea for next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arthur DeBow is a great man! I definitely enjoyed meeting him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say that darling Eva looks cute as a button in that photo. She's lovely! :)

    And Mrs. McBride, Are you go to put the volunteer poster up in the Art room? I think that might help everyone remember. :)

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's great that a lot of people had their work entered into Scholastic!! I can't wait to see the results!! I think there has been a lot of excellent work so far this year from everyone.

    ReplyDelete