Sunday, April 8, 2012

Scheduling


I feel like we all keep saying this but... this year is going by super fast. Mr. Helle and I are having a rough go finding a date that works for the majority of the AP students for some kind of an art show. Any suggestions? The district calender is packed and you all are very busy little munchkins.

Maybe we all can think out of the box and come up with a new and exciting idea for an AP showcase? I'm sure you have nothing else better to think about...hee hee.

This week is the last official NEW art critique. We are going to have a visitor that day. A teacher in training. She is excited to see how we do things in the LHS art room. One piece is due on Thursday the 12th. The next critique will be a rework of an old piece. That critique will be later in the month.

Note: If you don't have a piece to work on in class you can always be photographing your work or adjusting it in Adobe or even uploading the work to the AP site. We all need to be having conversations about what pieces you will be using for your Quality section. Lots to do. Always!

BTW, I know the picture of the dog is random. I couldn't resist.

21 comments:

  1. what if we did the showcase on a saturday or sunday!? instead of after school when sports are

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewwww!!! That dog is so grosssss!
    This year is flying by! I really can't believe it!
    Hmmm...scheduling. Usually any day other than Wednesday works for me! And not during the week of AP tests. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year is going by super fast! i like kelsey's idea of doing the showcase on a weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah the showcase on a weekend could work! that dog is gross by the way.. yuck. and ya anne this year is going by crazy fast

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture is just disturbing...
    I also like the idea of doing it on a weekend! After school times are unpredictable and busy this time of year, because of school and sports.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dog is gross and scared me when I opened the page. ew. And this year is going crazy fast and then in 2 months we are graduating. Just a warning I might start being nostalgic more than necessary in the upcoming months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ew! Where do you even find pictures like that? I'm appalled.

    I vote we do the AP Art Showcase sometime in mid May. April is just way too crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with eva! Maybe even towards the end of may would be good. Also can we note that im blogging! For once..... Haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. what up with the diseased looking dog? like no connection with that and ap testing for art. anyways any day is good for me, just depends on what my lax schedule is

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think May would be good too -- because then most sports are done, or atleast less busy, april is kind of a crazy month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sooo the critique this thursday is bad. because i wont be here AGAIN. ahhhhh i need advice though. GRR.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that dog seriously freaked me out. going to be working madly for that thursday critique! should be interesting...I used some bright orange (wild), and it's driving me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that dog is terrifying. i am pumped for critique on thursday. this year has gone by so fast. already the last piece! WOAH!

    ReplyDelete
  14. may would be great as long as its not the week of the 20th.

    ReplyDelete
  15. NOT May 5th or May 19th (Prom)
    I thought the AP Art show was on April 26th? That's what the planner says...
    That dog is super super creepy...

    ReplyDelete
  16. woohooo the critique and our apus final are the same day! we could do the showcase on a saturday afternoon or something maybe too couldn't we? (Lizzie)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the dog, it's cute. And I agree with basically everyone. Sometime in May.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That dog really freaked be out. A lot. Also I won't be here on Thursday but I'm sending my artwork in with... well I don't actually know, but I'll figure it out.

    ~Colleen R

    ReplyDelete